Pages

Friday 20 December 2013

12 questions of Christmas:


1. When do you usually know and feel that it's finally Christmas time? 
I think it must be when the Christmas tree goes up and the (frantic) shopping starts.  This year I couldn't stop smiling every time I saw our tree after we'd first decorated it - it's so pretty!

2. What do you want for Christmas this year? 
I've asked for a few bits and bobs specifically, but I really like getting surprise presents, so I prefer not knowing.

3. Do you go all out with decorations? 
Not really, to be honest.  I'd like to do more, but this year it's really just been the tree and some tinsel here and there.  I'd really like a wreath for our front door!

4. What are you doing on Christmas Eve? 
I'll eat dinner with my family at home, and then go out for a few drinks with school friends in the pub.

5. What are you doing on Christmas Day? 
 Opening presents in the morning, and then travelling to my Auntie and Uncle's house for Christmas dinner, more presents and fun!

6. It's Christmas time - what are you reading? 
Check out my latest Inferior Book Group post to find out!  End of shameless self promotion.  In all seriousness, though, I don't change my reading habits just because it's December.  That seems strange to me.

7. Favourite movie to watch during the holidays? 
I mentioned this in a similar post last year, so instead of repeating myself I'll tell you all that I recently saw National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation for the first time, and very much enjoyed it!  (I'm also going to see my all time favourite Christmas movie, It's A Wonderful Life, at the cinema tomorrow.  Very exciting!)

8. Favourite Christmas song? 
As I said last year, hearing anything from the Phil Spector Christmas album immediately makes me feel Christmassy.

9. Favourite holiday drink? 
Champagne!  But that's a good drink all year round, let's be honest.

10. How is your Christmas shopping going? 
As of today, I'm very nearly completely finished!  But not quite...


11. What time do you wake up on Christmas morning?
Early!  Too early for my liking, normally...  But, hey, it's Christmas!

12. If you could spend Christmas Day anywhere else, where would you spend it? 
Until I have my own nice, grown up house, I don't think I'll ever want to spend Christmas anywhere but at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment