Pages

Friday 14 June 2013

Resolutions review #2:

Six months into 2013, New Year feels like an awfully long time ago.  I really should have printed my resolutions out and stuck them somewhere I couldn't avoid looking (the insides of my eyelids, maybe?) to avoid letting myself down yet again.  Still, in the spirit of consistency, I thought I'd let you all know how I've been getting on since my original resolutions post (here) and my three month review (here).


1. Write:
I haven't done a great deal of writing lately (apart from blogging!) much to the despair of my family and friends.  What kind of aspiring novelist doesn't ever write anything down?  Still, one small victory is that I'm pretty sure the ideas are all in there somewhere.  I have recurring ideas for stories, characters and situations that won't go away and just kind of develop themselves over time inside my head.  This gives me hope that if I had more time to write (which hopefully I will some day in the not too distant future) I wouldn't just be sat constantly staring at a blank Word document.


2. Read:
Stop me if you've heard this one before, but I'm convinced I would read more if I had more free time...  While we were on holiday in April for a few days, I managed to read more than I had all year!  I recently bought Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns), but there are quite a few other books waiting to be read before I can get to her.  I'd better get cracking!


3. Blog:
Okay, this one I actually feel I've done okay with.  Next month will mark my first full year as a blogger, and Inferior Design's first birthday!  I've kept up with regular posts (at least one a week, usually more), gained a modest but loyal group of followers (yes, you!) and my passion for blogging has only grown as I've learned more about it.  Being invited to the Oliver Bonas Edinburgh blogger event last month off the back of my own blog and content was a very proud moment for me, as cringey as that might seem to some.  I'm excited to keep going with Inferior Design, as (I think!) it has already changed and improved so much since I started.


4. Decorate:
Although no big decoration projects have been undertaken recently, I've made some small but satisfying improvements here and there in the flat since March.  These include a major photo frame obsession and a bathroom tidy up.  Next on the agenda is covering the sofa!


5. Save:
Next!  (Although at least I'm not totally skint quite yet...)


6. Travel:
I've already mentioned mine and Craig's trip to Paris in April, which was fantastic, but apart from that there isn't much travel on the horizon.  I'd like to take a trip up to the north of Scotland sometime during the next few months, hopefully to make the most of whatever summer Scotland gets this year.  I'll keep you all posted!


7. Waste less time:
It's been a very busy couple of months, and I'm happy to say that I've spent a lot less time on the internet and a lot more time out with friends and family.  It's been a pleasure to take advantage of the sunshine while we've got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment