Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Sunny Scotland:


It's pretty ridiculous weather for May.  As I'm typing this, the sun is streaming through my window, but only a few days ago I was listening to the heaviest rain I've ever heard batter down on the roof above me at work.  It always surprises me (and I'm sure you'll understand if you too live in Scotland, or really anywhere in the UK) how truly stunningly beautiful my home country can be when it isn't raining.


A few weeks ago, Edinburgh was treated to a roasting hot day of blue skies and sunshine and (very unusually) it was my day off work.  I had lunch in Princes Street Gardens and then made the surprisingly short ten minute walk up the road and to the top of Calton Hill.  I was astounded by the beauty and peace just five minutes walk above the city centre.  I took all of the photos in this post on that afternoon.  It's nice to have photographic proof of sunshine for those grey and torrentially rainy days.  Hopefully they can make you feel a little sunnier, if the rain and clouds have got you feeling down, or encourage you to get out and enjoy your surroundings while you can, if you have good weather.








No comments:

Post a Comment