Pages

Friday 4 January 2013

2012:


There's about a year between these two photos of me, and I suppose not much has really changed (apart from the obvious drastic difference in hair colour, and the even more obvious dark circles under my eyes...).


If I'm honest, 2012 had its ups and downs, but looking through all of these photos has made me realise that the ups heavily outweighed the downs.  2o12 was the year I graduated from university, the year I moved into my first 'grown up' home, the year I started earning some of my own money.  I saw some unbelievably good live gigs, met some of my musical heroes and was brave enough to tell them how much I love their music.

Leaving Dundee after four years there was hard (and leaving some of my best friends and a great flatmate behind was even harder) but I think it was time to move on by the time graduation rolled around.  I'll always have fond memories of my university city, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dundee uni to anybody!


Life immediately after uni was a bit of a shock, and it's taken me a long time to get used to being a graduate (in fact, I'm not sure I'm quite used to it yet, seeing as I still carry my student card around in my purse everywhere...).  I see my family a lot more now than I used to, I get to see Craig every day and the majority of my friends have already claimed our spare bedroom as 'their' room.  Things are good.

2013, anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment