Pages

Friday 9 November 2012

Office Space:

I pretty much gave up on being chained to a desk by third year of uni, preferring to keep warm (and give myself a bad back) with my laptop on my knee in bed.  Still, not too long ago I decided that I really needed my own creative space in the flat, and a desk seemed the logical choice.  I've turned one otherwise unused corner of our spare room into my little 'office' space (I don't need a study space, and 'writing space' just sounded pretentious...).  Here's the mess I was dealing with before:


And here's what I managed to achieve with the help of some flat packed furniture and some cupboards to hide things in...  Even looking at these photos makes me breathe a sigh of relief!



If you're curious, the desk and chair are both from IKEA (MICKE desk and KLEMENS swivel chair).  I know the chair isn't the cutest, but I was serious about the sore back I got from sitting at my old desk in Dundee, so I wanted to get something with a bit more support. Just so you know, I built these all by myself!  I'm very proud.


The giant ampersand bookend is from Primark, and it's holding up just part of my enormous notebook collection, the majority of which have never been used.  I think I have a problem.


This huge drawer is my favourite feature of this desk, because it means I can keep my clutter hidden and give myself as much free desk space as possible.  Look at all my stationery!  Can I be a writer now?

2 comments:

  1. So organised ! Love it :)
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Seonaid! :) I've been really enjoying your posts lately! xx

      Delete