Pages

Friday 12 October 2012

Winter Woollies:



I don't know what the weather's like where you are, but it has suddenly gotten very cold (and now rainy) around these parts.  As a result, I have been pretty much living in this woolly Primark cardigan.  I had my eye on it for a while before it actually got cold enough to justify buying it, and I love that it is a slightly alternative/punk rock take on the same old knitwear you see in the shops every autumn.  I'm hoping this is just the first of many cosy clothes purchases this season (bank balance allowing...), so here are some of ideas of what I'd like to get my hands on next!






1. Burgundy Tipped Formal Coat by George at Asda - Personally, as cringey as some people may find this revelation, I've always really liked the clothes at Asda.  Lately, I've noticed they've become a little more expensive, but the quality seems to have improved a lot as well.  I already have a shorter winter jacket that I love, but this year I'd like something that will cover me up a little more, like this smart maroon coat.

2. Sugar Red Origami Abstract Print Boots by New Look - I used to have some boots in a similar style to these, but in white (which quickly turned into a horrible muddy brown...).  It would be nice to have some comfy flat boots in a more practical colour, and I think this design would cheer up the winter months.

3. Aztec Chunky Knit Hat by George at Asda - I love the idea of woolly hats and usually end up buying them but never wearing them.  I just have too much hair to make them work!  Still, I saw this one in Asda the other day, and thought it was cute.

4. Aztec Neon Mittens by Topshop - If you haven't noticed, Aztec prints seem to still be very much in fashion this autumn and winter!  Although some of them are a little much for me, I especially like the black and white prints, and I think these mittens on a string (very practical!) are great.  There is also a matching beanie hat, if you are a successful hat wearer, unlike myself.

5. Burgundy Jumper by H&M - Sometimes you just can't beat a good cable knit jumper.

6. Dark Blue Cardigan by H&M - This is probably as loud as I would go in terms of Aztec prints, but this longer cardi looks cosy, and even has pockets for chilly hands.  The only downside is its lack of buttons.  We really need buttons on our cardigans in Scotland, H&M!

7. Arty Tan Leather Fur Cuff Boot by Miss Selfridge - I wonder where they come up with some of these product names...  Again, I had some similar boots to these a couple of years ago and I wore them to death.  Miss Selfridge seems to be the only shop still selling them in a similar style anymore, but please let me know if you have seen something like this anywhere else!

8. Patterned Jeans by H&M - Black and white Aztec patterned jeans!  To match my mittens, of course.  Skinny jeans are a staple in my wardrobe, and it would be nice to have a change from just black or blue denim.  To me, this print is a little bit Christmassy, so very winter appropriate.

9. Heart Earmuffs by Topshop - I'm debating whether or not to try out earmuffs as an alternative to hats.  I usually wear my hair up to work, and my ears have been getting pretty chilly at the bus stop!

10. Navy Military Coat by George at Asda - A slightly different style, but still a nice winter coat that would protect more of me from the cold.  The only thing putting me off this coat is the colour.  Are there still rules about wearing black and navy together, or am I just being old fashioned?

No comments:

Post a Comment