Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

Pumpkin party:

Last Halloween, I decided to be traditional and carve a turnip instead of a pumpkin.  When I was little, my parents would always carve turnips for us, and take us out guising in our costumes, not trick or treating.  It turns out that turnips are extremely difficult to carve, as you might be able to tell from my poor attempt in the photo below.  My poor little turnip was totally outshone by Craig and my old flatmate Liam's pumpkins.


This year, I conformed and carved a pumpkin like everyone else.  I found a few photos online for inspiration...




... but in the end I realised that I am not at all arty, and I would have to stick to something simple!  (And I have no piglets to put inside my pumpkin either.)




Mine ended up being the logo of one of my favourite (and Halloween appropriate) bands, Alkaline Trio, Craig's is a tribute to the Friday the 13th films and Tom's is a pumpkin within a pumpkin (pumpkinception!).



I'd love to see any pumpkins you guys might have carved this year, if you have photos.  Happy Halloween, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment