Pages

Saturday 14 July 2012

A mission statement (of sorts):


I have spent the last two years slowly becoming more and more addicted to reading blogs and watching YouTube videos.  Photography, beauty, organisation, fashion, decor, food: you name it, I have obsessively watched videos and read blogs about it.  I've been inspired by all the charming and creative people I follow online to start my own blog, so here I am.


I had a brief fling with blogging earlier this year, when I attempted to start a blog about my antics during my last semester at uni.  Unfortunately, my last semester at uni kind of got in the way of the majority of the antics I had planned, and before I knew it I was packing to leave Dundee forever.  Since then, I have graduated (see above for photographic proof) and I now live in Edinburgh with this cheeky chappie:


In a few days we are getting the keys to our new flat, which is rented, but unfurnished. Cue total HORROR.  Sourcing even basic furniture on a budget has been stressful, to say the least.  The absolute furniture essentials will be arriving extremely slowly between the 17th of July and the 4th of August, which means we will be sleeping on the floor, living out of suitcases and throwing screwdrivers at each other for a good while.  We haven't even bought a kettle yet, and I am predicting that there will be an awful lot of empty space in the flat at first.

That being said, I'm actually kind of excited about the empty space.  I want to see what I can do with what will essentially be my first "grown up" home, even though I'm not usually very good at the whole interior design malarky.  The plan is to record our progress with furnishing and decorating the flat here, as well as the odd post on other topics as and when it takes my fancy.  This looks set to be the start of a pretty exciting (read: scary/expensive/tiring) chapter in my life, and I like to think that Inferior Design will become a lifestyle blog, of sorts, where I can write about the bums that sit on our bargain sofa, and not just the sofa itself.  (It was a total bargain, by the way, £240 reduced to £80!  But more on that later...)

No comments:

Post a Comment